Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ahhh, home again

Tokyo was fun, but it was also nice to realize I really do prefer Saijo and my life here. I know where to get everything, I have a car, and I have a big house. No more cramped spaces and hostel bunkbeds for me.

Or friend Daniel visited last week and left this last Tuesday. We were sad to see him go. One week is not enough time. I was feeling a little homesick thinking about it this morning.

Alex is still doing A-ok. I don`t think he will be teaching any more classes now that the new replacements are here (much to his relief), but he made a about 120,000 yen, so it`s all good. He helped pay for some of my train expenses in tokyo and bought some gundam models with the money so far, and will still come home with about 1000 dollars. He is being a good brother. Now that he is not working I am assigning him a new series to watch every day. Today was the IT Crowd and the week before was Better off Ted. If he`s going to be lazy and watch tv while I am at work, I at least want it to be good tv.

We went to Kamogawa river this morning to escape the oppressive heat. I have never wished for fall to come, but I am getting there in this weather!!!

Also on the river agenda, Remi, Alex and I are going rafting down Oboke River this weekend! So excited! Oboke is the biggest and one of the only free flowing river in Japan! The rest, as I have mentioned in the past, are dammed up and have concrete sides. I have always wanted to go and Remi brought it up, so I said sure!

Internet is coming this Sunday, so pictures will be up around then!!


No comments:

Post a Comment