Sunday, August 15, 2010

Abercrombie Store in Ginza
















Today we got up early and went to Ginza.

It was crowded, and hot. I smelled an Abercrombie store a few blocks away and decided to go inside. The staff all had the same outfit and looked like American Japanese people, if you can picture that. They all were well versed in catch phrases. ''Hey!'' ''Check it out!'' ''Yeaaaah!''

They took my picture with a muscley model and gave me the polaroid. I like polaroids, I was happy.

It was dark and the music was loud. The store was small and around the corner was a stair. The stairs were lit up and cool looking, like soft yellow light illuminating the dark walls. But oh god, the walls. They were covered from end to end with roman style paintings of muscular, scantily clad men in remnants of modern outfits. Some were nude, most had white underpants, and all were in homoerotic positions.




The stairs went up 11 stories. The homosexual artwork was on every floor and on every wall. I am not saying this because I think it is a bad thing, I am just describing how it was.

I actually had a lovely time. The staircase was beautiful, the music wasn't terrible, and the staff were all happy, smiling, and sometimes dancing. It was like being in a happy, nice smelling night club. With clothes.

1 comment:

  1. was wondering how i can contact you for a possible usage of one of your images for editorial. thank you
    damian

    ReplyDelete