Sunday, April 25, 2010

Shodoshima: Monkey Wildlife Reserve








Shodoshima is an island near Shikoku. It has a monkey wildlife reserve so it was known to me only as "monkey island" since I first heard tell of its existence. We took the ferry over with four friends and it was one of the most entertaining and exciting things I have done in Japan.

I know my friend Megan, a public health major would not condone this, as she has already warned me about communicable diseases from monkeys, but even as I was yelling at Bret, Christa, Andrew, Al, and Sam, " DO NOT TOUCH THEM! DO NOT LOOK THEM IN THE EYES! REFER TO THE BROCHURE FOR MORE RULES ABOUT THE MONKEYS!" their cuteness got to me. We found a quiet spot where they were sunbathing and doing other monkey stuff, and some of the young ones came over and poked at our pockets, and it was all downhill from there. After that it was all about taking as many monkey pictures as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment