Friday, April 16, 2010

Look What We Found!

Today we were doing our usual morning jog (i'm using the word usual very liberally, and even as i'm typing this bret is correcting me saying it was more of a "spirited walk") and we strayed from the path a little to go down a narrow road that looked interesting. We saw a couple of big dogs, so we went over to see if they were friendly. Interestingly, the enourmous chow chow looking dog was really nice, but the old labrador was mean. We were just about to say goodbye to our new friends when out of nowhere skitters a little pig thing! It had a collar/harness and was really friendly. It was the size of a piglet, and had dark brown stripes on its tawny brown body.

Unfortunately, I did not have my camera, so we went home and got it. When I returned, however, I saw only the dogs.


The lab is mean and does not get a picture.

So anyways, no piglet, or "inoshishi" as they are called here. An old couple walking by stopped and talked to us about the inoshishi and gave us some fun facts. They live in Nihama, and like the areas by the river. They are nice when they are small but sometimes charge people when they are big, and can be dangerous. That is all I remember them saying.

Since the little inoshishi was sleeping when I came back with my camera, I looked up some pictures on the netz, and found exactly what we saw. So cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment