Friday, December 11, 2009

Random Castles


Castles are awesome. You usually have to travel somewhere in Europe to see them (I'm guessing) so you can imagine my surprise to see random European-style mock-up castles in our sleepy town of Saijo.

I've tried to find out why they're here. I really have. But when I type in "European-style castles in Japan" into google I don't get much. It only comes up with information on feudal period castles in Japan, which are awesome in and of themselves, but they don't explain the anomaly. The only explanation we've been given is that Japanese people like to get married in them and that market niche is big enough to warrant their existence.

Oh, and I don't want to toot my own horn or anything over here, but this picture is awesome. I didn't think I'd be successful taking a picture from the car, we were driving past the castle pretty fast, but I am delighted with it. Check out the guy in front. That guy is totally ready for whatever life throws his way. I wish I had a powerful stance like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment