Saturday, January 29, 2011

Around town


Basically every factory or plant has a shrine somewhere for good luck. Here is the one from my Friday factory.
A sunny? It looks like an old mini cooper and a classic el camino had a baby, and it popped out with a racing stripe. Its tininess is only topped by its awesomeness.

A little old (still in use) farming supply shed, situated along the road to our house. It sits between the rise paddy (background) and the vegetable patch, in front of our house.

A skillfully raised Japanese Pine in the graveyard at a Buddhist temple.

Caleb, on the way to play frisbee. This is basically the footpath through the middle of town, where we have a library and what not.

One day, while minding my own business, I come outside to be shocked by my awesome and eccentric landlord. He loves plants, and owns some well stocked gardens, various vegetable patches, and rice paddies all over the place. Japanese gardening, especially in the case of nipponmatsu (Japanese Pine), can be very specific and thus he has come to help me do the yearly autumnal trimming.

In the less crackin parts of the local shopping arcade, there are hosts of long since closed down shops. I wonder what this used to function as, my mind roams to a ticket stand selling seats to god knows what. Probably some kind of food vendor, but whatever, its fun to dream.
I'll just admit, I like the look of decrepit or otherwise rundown things. The nearly abandoned sections of Saijo's shotengai are eerily reminiscent of a quintessential ghost town.

The mountains that form our towns southern barrier. To the north, the sea. The view out from Caleb's window.
@Caleb's

Love Crepe, nom nom nom

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love crepe still tops my list of best places to eat. EVER.

    ReplyDelete