Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Workin for the weekend






So it's Alex's fourth day here in Shikoku, Japan. He has been doing great!

Yesterday, Bret and I took him to his first ramen shop. I am not one of those "ramen is amaaaazzzziiing!" people, so I was curious to see how he would take to it. We went to a place we recently discovered on a recommendation from one of our adult students.



The place has the most delicious fried rice I have ever had, REALLY good homemade gyoza and pretty good ramen. Alex liked everything! Even the ramen. He said, to quote, "Wow, that's some taste!" I had to ask if he was being serious or not in case he was trying out his -still not quite fluid- sarcasm skills.

I have been happy to see that he likes most of the things we have taken him to do and given him to eat. He has adjusted quite well.

Before Alex came, my mom wanted me to ask my boss if Alex could work a few classes, to get a new work experience. I had talked to my boss about it months earlier, but it didn't seem likely. Out of nowhere, one of my fellow coworkers fell ill and quit her position. Alex has worked this past Tuesday (11 hours including travel time) and will work today (10 hours) and Friday (6 hours) and Saturday (about 8-9 hours). It's pretty awesome that he has been taking all the work in stride.


I expected him to reject the offer of work, but when I emphasized the pay he agreed and has been enjoying his classes! I will try to get some pics of him in action and will post more updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment