Sunday, July 25, 2010

Airport fun times






What a terrible experience.

I have always liked Japanese public transit, but it is really disfunctional for travelling long distances. You have to speak Japanese just to book a bus, which thankfully my friend Emi helped me with. But that didn`t even take me to the airport. I had to pay another 15 bucks to get there, bringing the grand total one way to 6,300 yen! Ugh.

Now that I`m here at the airport the info desk people are telling me that a) no buses/ferries past 8 PM run to Saijo and b) If i do want to wait at the airport until morning, I have to book my tickets after 9 AM, forfeiting the earliest bus/ferry (which comes at 7 AM)

So I guess I`ll have to take the train, but oh wait, they stop running at midnight, and it`s a trip with about 4 transfers, so I`ll have to wait about 5 hours on a train platform. Welcome to Japan, brother! I hope you like steel benches!


Whatever happened to the good old days of bumming a ride to the airport? I think I asked about ten people who were all equally horrified by my request and told me ``Everyone takes the bus or ferry to the airport, no one drives``

....I hope it works out better for everyone else....

No comments:

Post a Comment