Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hello!

So today I had one of my three hour homestay classes. For the last few weeks there were three kids of mixed age in the class, so I wasn't enjoying it as much, but now it's back to just me and Stuart, who is pretty low maintenance.

We just did school work for the first two hours (it was very, very hot and the air conditioning keeping us inside) but for the last hour we went to the corner market, taught each other the names of fruits and vegetables and got some ice cream. We took our ice cream and fruit to a nearby shrine and ate on the steps. Halfway through his ice cream, he held it out towards me imploringly. "I can't eat it, I'm full! " I say. He doesn't understand and holds it out again. Then he points to my bag of fruit that I bought and eats three bananas in a row.

How many kids in America would beg to let you trade their ice cream for bananas?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to Osaka's Kansai Airport tomorrow to pick up Alex! I am taking the bus and have about three plans and back up plans for transportation.

It's tricky, because Alex's flight gets in at 9:00 pm, and buses and ferry's are going to stop running soon after. I'm a bit nervous. I hope he gets through customs quickly, otherwise it's on to plan B and C! (Plan C is wander around downtown Osaka all night until 8 AM, which is when the earliest bus to Saijo is!

I will be taking lots of pictures and videos so Mom, Pop, and Grandma Viktoria can keep up with us on our adventures and know that he's okay. Thanks Mom and Pop for the rail pass, plane ticket and spending money! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment