Wednesday, May 12, 2010

plants





So we've been growing some plants. It started with a packet of seeds from America. The exotic imported plant that is CILANTRO. I planted them about 2 months ago, and they are now spry 4 or 5 inches tall. Too young to be sacrificed for salsa or guacamole. I did eat a single leaf, and realized as I was munching it that it has been a remarkable NINE MONTHS since I've tasted cilantro. It was really weird. Almost like I forgot what it tasted like but then had a taste-memory epiphany.

In America I would buy cilantro just about every other week, so this is a big deal for me.

Then I came home one day and bret had constructed a little garden bench for the cilantro to sit on, so it would get more sun. He also got a blueberry bush and a strawberry plant. The strawberry plant is out of control. It recently tried to claim territory in the outlying regions of the cilantro planter, but I cut off the offshoots and replanted them in abandoned planting pots that litter most of our 2 meter by 0.5 meter "yard."

The blueberry bush is the source of Bret's pride and love. Every day when we come home he remarks on it's progress and gives it words of encouragement.

"Wow! Would you look at that! Look at the radius of that foliage!"
"That is one good looking blueberry bush! it'll have fruit within the year!"

yes, bret the ever avid blueberry farmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment