Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Just When We Thought Our Snacking Days Were Done

We find THESE:



at the grocery store. Just hanging out, in the 100 yen bin, no big deal.

Of course our eyes bug out and we snatch them up. They are nothing like American Cheetos. They are a pale/natural looking cheddar color and have a light flavor. Definitely not "dangerously cheesy"

One of the weirdest things about being here is stuff that I normally didn't even eat I crave, or impulse buy, like the Cheetos. In America, I only had Thai food once or twice a month, but here I think about it almost every day, because I can't have it. And we insist on buying this not-even-that-good-pizza from the grocery store every week, not because we necessarily even like it that much (it's OK but not worth the price and definitely doesn't taste like real pizza) just because it's "PIZZA!" Anything with an American logo/word pops out so much that I *feel* like I want it even if I don't. It's odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment