Friday, October 26, 2012

I have returned to ramble!

Hello!

So things have been okay. I think I didn't come on here as much because everything that happens is not worth documenting at the time, plus I have facebook and instagram and email, so I just forget about this thing. But I am back! I like looking back on the posts I've made and even if only one person reads it, it still makes me happy!

So, what has been happening?

I'm currently incredibly frustrated with the animal situation in Japan. I mean, I'm always pretty frustrated at the lack of enthusiasm for animal welfare, but at the beginning of October, we found a lost kitten and now things are at an all time low for me (at least on this subject)

We can't find a home for the kitten, who is quickly becoming a cat-ten and soon a cat, and I'm running out of solutions. I absolutely cannot keep him, but my only other option is "putting him back into nature" and still feeding him. Our vet is being SO SO helpful and kind. He showcased the kitten already and it went to a potential adopter. However, the adopter brought him back saying he didn't play well with her other kitten. Oh well. Our vet said he would showcase him again at the clinic in a month, but of course I am worried.

Anyways, I don't want to be a bore with my crazy cat lady problems, but it is a disappointment, and an issue  I come face to face with a lot in Shikoku. Spaying and nuetering is such an easy fix. I am going to go on a Bob Barker rampage sometime in the future.

Other than that work is fine and dandy. Bret and I have managed to do a smidgen of travelling around to Hiroshima, Kurashiki and Osaka but other than that things are just normal.

We are pretty close to FINALLY paying off Bret's student loan, so things are on track for us to come home soon.

I will try to upload photos and stories more, just wanted to tell people everything is fine and we are doing well!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment