Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A few of my favorite people out here



Bret and I went to a dinner party with some of my friends post-new years but still new years-style. We ate a ton of sushi and played with their kids. It was really fun. My friend's names are Yasuko and Yuko, their English is really good and they are really committed to making their kids bilingual, which is cool!



This was Bret's first time meeting these children and they all instantly took to him. The two older boys understand English pretty well and have amazing pronunciation when they do speak (English is kind of a chore for them) because their moms say everything to them twice--once in English and once in Japanese. Brilliant. The youngest in this pic, at the bottom left corner is soooooo cute. His favorite food is chocolate and his favorite drink is coffee. Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment