Saturday, October 23, 2010

Updates

Bret has a staff training day in Takamatsu (alll the way over on the other side of the island) so I have a whole day to do nothing.

I've been painting a bunch, but it takes a long time with all the drying and waiting, so I'm going to the gym with my friend Michael (he replaced Bret as a teacher at my old company, so he lives in our old apartment and we worked together a lot) and then....who knows.

My last work day was yesterday and it wasn't that sad. It's really difficult to communicate with students/answer their questions, so I just told them in Japanese, "next week! NEW teacher!" and that was that. I had tons of sad goodbye's this past week (different students each weekday) but I'm glad it's all over.

It feels nice, but I'll be busy again soon, and this past year will slowly fade into a blurry speck in my memory :)

Some days it feels like all I want out of life is a cup of sleepy time tea and Harry Potter. This is one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment