Thursday, November 26, 2009

Going to Korea, Gonna Eat a Lot of Kim Chee

I'm sad to say Bret and I can sing an almost-complete kim-chee song, using the melody of The Presidents of the United States of America Song. I'll spare you the lyrics...for now

Just thought I'd let the friends and fam know, in case I don't talk to you on skype, we're going to Korea this weekend!!! Our flight leaves early early early Sunday morning, so not really looking forward to that part but the rest should be fun!!!

I'm on the prowl for cheap Christmas lights. A single, 5 ft string of light here is about 30 dollars. We're doing Christmas on a budget and I need some cheer on the cheap, but I doubt I'll find it in Japan. With the quick trip to Korea, hope is not lost!!! Korea has a greater Christian influence, from my limited but general understanding, and I've heard from several Japanese people that things are cheaper in Korea, so duty-free shops prepare!!! I'm coming for yo' lights!!!!! And fake miniture trees! And whatever else I feel like spending 1,000 won on!!!! (1,000 won: approx 1 US dollar)

That's about all I have to say on the subject of going to Korea. I need to make a to-see list pronto, but we're only going to be there for two days, so it's not a a big deal.

There is a gigantic Gandalf statue outside of a movie theater somewhere there that I'd like to see!! I told my Japanese friend about it, leading with, "uhhhh, have you seen Lord of the Rings?" Rio: "Well I mean to one day, but no, no I have not" Me: "Oh boy are you missing out! Anyways, in Korea there's supposed to be an enourmous statue of Gandalf, a main character wizard man from the book/movie. I really want to see it!" Rio: "Hahahahahahaha! WHY??? Do they even know who it is?" Me (slightly shocked): "Uhhhh I hope so!"

Why is LOTR not an international sensation?

Well I'm completely off topic now, but just wanted to let everyone know they can look forward to updates via Seoul starting this Sunday. Waaaahooooo

No comments:

Post a Comment